Prior to introducing the reports, it is significant to bring into light some key issues:
- Variety, Accuracy, Rapidity, and Up-to-date quality of reports that PVManage software presents form one of the strong Points of it.
- All reports in PVManage software include title, date, time, and the producer’s name. Therefore, all the reports are documentary and there is no need for them to be documented.
- None of the reports are saved in PVManage software. Thus (and according to items mentioned in part 1), all reports are produced by the user at the time of request. Applying edition on reports, hence, is an unnecessary topic. The validity of each report is based on the latest data entered in the software by the request time.
- If you require archiving and maintaining the reports’ previous versions, you have to consider an area on your computer to save and archive them as wanted.
- Each movement within the software is both track able and reportable. The possibility of reporting is devised on all pages.
- Reports will be generated as soon as possible and this process does not consume your time. Therefore, click on the related icon whenever you need a report!
- Item Reports Menu is used to extract data related to an item (and in cases a group of items). To produce each report, except for Paint, Weld, and Compare Report, you are required to select the respective item from the Drop Down List first and then click on the desired report’s icon.
If you have not chosen a specific item with regard to Paint and Weld reports, the report will be generated on all the current project’s items.
The point worth mentioning about these reports is the table’s color which is considered blue for distinguishing between this report and other ones.
Grid reports (which have been explained earlier) will be produced in dark lateritious (brick-red).
• Part List Reports
Part List report is one of the most thorough reports in the software which is produced with a complete structure including its dimensional data, piece number, piece description, weight, and number, and insertion in fabrication drawing forms its most important function.
Part List report comprises all the pieces which are interrelated with the intended item. In other words, you will notice in Part List report any piece which you enter as part of the equipment in one of the software’s pages as well as pieces which are fabricated automatically as a piece’s attachments and accessories. This report includes all the constituent pieces of an item. Moreover, this report consists of technical points, such as Roll Margin, additional length of LWN nozzles in proportion to the standard length, etc. Furthermore, the status of each Shell’s constituent plates – whether they are not set, defined by the user, or provided automatically by the software – can be viewed in Remark column. You will, likewise, be able to produce Part List reports in your desired manner and of subjects you are interested in only.
• Paint in Detail
Paint report will calculate and offer you the areas which require coloring in a classified order. Although this report is titled Paint, it actually calculates the required area.
• Weld in Detail
Weld Report offers you the length, volume, material, thickness, subject, and type of the required welds with regard to each equipment’s pressure welds. These data can be indirectly used in calculating NDT.
• Compare Report
Compare Report is one of the most practical reports of PVManage software which contributes to a great extent in accurate price estimation. It is customary that equipment fabricators estimate the price and participate in the tender usually without an accurate materials estimation (or with a superficial estimation) and with more reliance on data entered in the owner’s data sheets. On that basis, the accuracy of the estimated price depends on the accuracy of the data entered in data sheets; and if the aforementioned data are subject to diversion, price estimation will undergo major problems, as well. Suppose that an equipment’s weight is recorded as 125,000 Kg in its data sheet (which is provided to you by the owner). If we consider the area of this equipment as 100,000 Rials per Kg, 100 million Rials of error per one ton of difference in weight estimation will appear in price estimation!
If the real weight is 138,000 Kg and your competitor has estimated the weight with double accuracy, your competitor’s price will be 13,800,000,000 Rials and yours 12,500,000,000 Rials. It is quite clear that if the employer’s decision is based on the offered price, you will win the tender while your competitor will be removed! This story, however, has another side and that is your 1,300,000,000 Rials-loss which is imposed on you through the entire project. Although the contract might be held on the basis of the scale’s weight and you obtain your rights by the end of the project, you will have as much piled demands as mentioned during the project whose loss resulting from lack of it will be notable economically till the end of the project!
If the weights stated above are considered the reverse (that is the real weight be 125,000 Kg and entered 138,000 Kg by mistake in the owner’s data sheet), your competitor who has conducted the primary estimations more accurately will still win the tender!
You can see that your sovereign organization has been the main loser in both cases!
The produced report titled “Compare Report” has in fact applied the weight of each equipment’s entire constituent pieces in calculations and compares the equipment’s real weight with the entered weight in the data sheet (which is inserted as Erection Weight); this happens provided that you have registered your data in the PVManage software even during the process of technical and financial ordering. The outcome of this comparison will be the real and theoretical weight difference which is the source of your gain and loss, and usually plays an invisible role in the project.
If you have registered your data in the software from the ordering stage and win the tender, you can continue the project’s next steps relying on those very data, and in case you do not win the tender, you have prevented unwanted and hidden loss threatening your sovereign organization.
In any case, you have won the game!!